Mentoring Program TANDEMplus
Career Management for female Postdocs in the Natural and Engineering SciencesClaudia Fahlbusch
TANDEMplus Mentoring Program is a cooperation of RWTH Aachen University and Forschungszentrum Jülich within the framework of JARA, the Jülich Aachen Research Alliance. TANDEMplus aims at highly qualified female natural scientists and engineering scientists of both institutions with first professional experience as postdoc. Participants of TANDEMplus will be encouraged to aspire leading positions in science and research.
Application Deadline 2017
October 02 to November 07, 2017
Interviews: Calendar Week 47/48 (RWTH); Calendar Week 49 (FZ Jülich)
Start of the Program: January 22, 2018
Dr. Daniela Wilmes
Coordination of the Program
- +49 241 80 90635
- Send Email
Contact Person FZ Jülich
- +49 2461 61 6450
- Send Email
Due to their individual aims each mentee will be given the opportunity to select her personal male or female mentor.
Different workshops are based on the specific needs of the target group and offer a range of possibilities of qualifying as well as opportunities to get feedback.
The contact within the peer group extends the network and supports the mentees.
The one-year program cycle includes the mentee’s participation in kick-off and closing events, discussions and the evaluation program.
Benefit for the Mentees
- Strategic incentives for the individual development of their career
- Structuring and concretization of their professional targets
- Extension of relevant career competencies and individual key skills
- Acquirement of knowledge about structures, processes and informal rules in science
- Advancement of their own interdisciplinary networks
Application information and procedure
Applicants must be postdoctoral employees of RWTH Aachen University or Forschungszentrum Jülich.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Executive summary of the current research activities
- List of scientific publications and achievements
- Letter of reference of the supervising person
Please submit your application - in electronic or in paper form - to the program's coordinator. Applicants of Forschungszentrum Jülich please contact first the local contact person.
The selection for the program is made by an admission commitee on the basis of a personal interview.
Please find above (yellow post-it) more information about the closing date for applications .