Advising Services on the Compatibility of Care and Studies/Work
You can find events organized by the Equal Opportunities Office on the following page:
Burdened by Career, Studies, and Care? Sick Dependants? Old Parents?
The need of nursing care can affect everyone: the partner, parents, or one's own child. Employees and students at RWTH Aachen are increasingly facing the challenge of simultaneously managing their responsibilities at the university and the care or supervision of dependants. RWTH Aachen views dependants as members of any type of our employees' or students' communities, in which people assume social responsibility for one another.
Through information about the current care offer and individual, personal counseling, we would like to support university members with care tasks in combining profession, study and care.
We will gladly advise you in a confidential setting on any of these topics:
- Home Care Act and Family Leave Act
- Creating a family-friendly work arrangement (workplace, working hours)
- Advice opportunities offered by the Aachen City Region ("Städteregion Aachen") and other cities
- Ambulant care, outpatient care, in-patient care opportunities
- Financing care services
- Patients suffering from dementia
- Combining studies with care obligations