DSH Exam Preparation Courses
The next DSH Preparation Course will be offered in Winter Semester 2019/20. Please note that the course program has been restructured and varies significantly from previous offers. Read the following information carefully.
DSH Preparation Course I
- start of classes: October 14, 2019
- course duration: 14.10.2019 - 31.01.2020
- application opens on July 22, 2019
In order to register for this course you must have completed the B1 level (of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). You have to confirm your knowledge of the German language with one of the following certificates*:
- Goethe Institute Certificate B1 with a score of at least 80% in each section
- TestDaF with a score of at least 3 in each section
- DSD I or DSD I PRO with 4 sub-competencies each at language level B1
*Certificates should not be older than 1 year. The B1 level should be completed with a grade of at least “good”/"gut"
Scope of the Offer
The course fee covers:
- 14 weeks of classes with 20 contact hours per week
- 280 contact hours of German language instruction in total
- schedule: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 12 noon
- access to RWTH Moodle learning platform
- listening comprehension training
- reading comprehension training
- guided text production
- academic writing text analysis
- responding independently in conversation
- oral expression
- appropriate cultural behaviour in oral communication
- 1,200 euros including a registration fee of 50 euros
A semesterticket for public transportation and/or accommodation are not included in the course fee and can not be obtained via the Language Center.
You will receive all further information during the online registration. If you have other questions, please consult our Infostelle/Service-Point.
How do I register for a DSH Exam Preparation Course?
In order to register for a DSH Exam Preparation Course you have to provide a certificate confirming that you have a certain level of German. On the page of each DSH Exam Preparation Course you can see which level is required and which certificates of confirmation are accepted.
Three to four months before the beginning of the course, you find a registration link on the Dates&Deadlines-page. You can register via this link and enter your personal information.
You will receive a confirmation email requesting you to send a scan of a certificate confirming your level of German language proficiency via email to the Language Center (the exact deadlines are mentioned on the registration page).
After the Language Center has checked and accepted your certificate, we will send you a request for payment via email. Please make sure to transfer the course fee by the deadline mentioned in the email. If we do not receive your payment by the deadline, we cannot reserve the course place for you.