Task Force Inclusion© RWTH Aachen University
The Inclusion Working Group pursues the goal of developing RWTH into an inclusive university. It sees itself as a body of university experts that implements the jointly developed Action Plan Inclusion - RWTH Aachen University (2021-2026) and makes recommendations to the Senate and the Rectorate.
Topics and tasks of the working group inclusion are the
- Analysis of existing activities regarding inclusion and accessibility at RWTH Aachen University
- Compilation of surveys, findings from consultations, identification of existing barriers
- Deriving needs for action
- Ensuring sustainability and quality development
- Strategic (further) development or strategic anchoring
- Checking compliance with legal requirements (UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and state and federal legislation)
- Creation, implementation, evaluation and updating of the action plan for inclusion
- Joint public relations work and provision of comprehensive information
The management of the Inclusion Working Group is based at IGaD. The members of the Inclusion Working Group come from all areas of the university. In addition, there is an advisory board with representatives who fulfill central tasks for the area of inclusion at the university.© RWTH
The working group usually meets twice a year.
The professional exchange takes place mainly within the framework of five working groups.
The working groups (WGs) of the AK Inklusion are as follows
1. Sensitization, competence development and public relations: department 3 - press, department 5 - organization and IT, SignGes, BIS, CLS, IT-Center, individual students and employees
2. Building accessibility: department 10 - facility management, department 10.2 - construction management, department 5 - organization and IT, SBV, BIS, staff office occupational safety and radiation protection, group representation BTV, IT-Center, individual students and employees
3. Employees: department 8 - staff, staff councils, department 12 - staff development and talent management, SBV, BGM, university physician, faculty 4, HSZ, staff office for occupational safety and radiation protection, ExAcT (CLS)
4. Students: department 1 - academic and student affairs, department 1.4 - central student advising, department 6.2 - teaching,University Library, group representation of WMs, BIS, SGM, HSZ
5. Research content: SignGes, teacher education center, other academics