Accessible IT & Teaching© Mario Irrmischer
Various institutions are entrusted with inclusion and accessibility in the digital space.
RWTH Aachen University strives to make its website accessible in accordance with national legislation implementing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council. Further information can be found in the Accessibility Statement. A barrier reporter has been set up for digital, structural and other barriers.
Accessibility in IT
The responsible Division 5.5 - IT Strategy and IT Management has provided extensive information for users of the RWTH intranet and regularly offers training courses. Information can be found in the event database Personnel Development.
In addition, further information and learning offers from other German-speaking institutions can be found at the bottom of this page under external links.
Support for the implementation of barrier-free teaching is provided by the CLS (Center for Teaching and Learning Services). Information on designing barrier-free teaching can be found in the RWTHmoodle learning room "LehrBar" under the heading "Designing barrier-free teaching". Feel free to use the "Handreichung Dokumente barrierearm gestalten", which was created by the CLS department ExAcT and Mentoring and can be found in the "LehrBar".
Accessibility in RWTHmoodle means that the learning platform can be found, accessed and used without difficulty by people with disabilities. A self-study course from the Moodle Academy is available here, along with guidelines for accessible course design.
Design of accessible documents
Help and information can be found in various places on the intranet or in the Moodle learning room
- Handouts for the creation of accessible Word documents - Web page with links to the different aspects
- Videoturials on PDF creation available as downloads (in intranet of dept. 5.5)
- Video series "Digital Accessibility" of the University of Leipzig as external link further down this page (In the learning room "barrier-free design of teaching" of the LehrBar of ExAcT, e.g.
- "Handout for the creation of barrier-free documents" (13 pages PDF)
- Handout "Designing presentations barrier-free"
- Presentation "Accessibility in RWTHmoodle" from 18.01.2023
- Further training offers e.g. "Accessible websites - basics and self-tests" and "Accessible online editing - websites and documents" (Staff Development Events Database)
Training: SocialMedia inclusive and accessible (in German)
Video with Heiko Kunert and Laura M. Schwengber, recorded at the Digital Assessibility Summit. Digital Accessibility in Germany on 20.05.2021 on behalf of the Federal Government.
Test procedures for technical aspects of inclusive digital education offers (in German)
Article by Dr. Björn Fisseler from the dossier Diversity and Accessibility in the series of the Hochschulforum Digitalisierung.
The 8-part video series from the University of Leipzig introduces the basics, legal aspects of BITV 2.0 and concrete implementation of accessibility when using common software. The videos can be viewed individually on YouTube. The videos are also accessible for users who rely on German sign language.