Disorders we don't see - Designing inclusive teaching for students with impairments.
We would like to draw your attention to ExAcT's upcoming workshop on "Disorders We Don't See." This workshop will focus on raising awareness of the needs of students with study-related disabilities and promoting inclusive teaching approaches.
This workshop focuses on raising awareness of the needs of students with study-related disabilities and promoting inclusive teaching approaches.
The workshop is designed for faculty and staff from all departments who are interested in enhancing their teaching skills with regard to inclusive teaching.
During the workshop, the following aspects will be addressed:
- Raising awareness of the multiple challenges and needs that students with barriers face.
- Concrete scenarios, case studies, and case studies that offer insights into the topic.
- Developing inclusive ways of thinking to enhance the quality of teaching.
- The identification of scopes of action in the teaching context.
- The development of expertise and understanding of the subject matter.
- The promotion of open communication and mutual support through peer-to-peer approaches.
- The enhancement of individual competencies and self-confidence.
- Encouraging the use of personal strengths to develop customized teaching approaches.
The workshop will take place on October 30, 2023, from 09:00 to 13:00. The venue is room SE 3 on the first floor, Kackertstraße 15, 52072 Aachen. Barrier-free access is guaranteed.
The number of participants is limited to 4 to 12 persons.
For registration please use the RWTH-SingleSignOn.
For more information, please visit the event page.
Take this opportunity to help shape an inclusive teaching environment and improve educational opportunities for all students.