Equal Opportunities in DFG Coordinated Programs and Third Party Funded ProgramsCopyright: Martin Braun
The promotion of equality between men and women in the research system is a key objective of the DFG and must be given appropriate consideration in all funding procedures (Research Training Group, Collaborative Research Centre, Priority Programme and Research Unit, Cluster of Excellence). Gender equality and the consideration of gender aspects in research is also a priority in EU research policy. Therefore, the Gender Consulting service offers comprehensive support to applicants and funding recipients of RWTH Aachen University in the areas of application and evaluation of the research projects, during the duration of the programs as well as for follow-up applications.
Dr. Daniela Wilmes
- +49 (0)241 8090635
- Send Email
Offers, service and cooperation
RWTH's Gender consulting service after a personal consultation includes the following:
- Current information on gender and diversity as well as on the compatibility of family and scientific work at RWTH (concepts, strategies, measures, services, awards)
- Information on the use of existing services within the research project
- Development of target figures in accordance with the cascade model
- Conception of research alliance-specific equal opportunities measures
- Notes on the use of gender-sensitive language in the proposal text
- Draft of inter-university measures in cooperation with the responsible persons at the partner universities
- Advice and support in the implementation of equal opportunities measures
- Advice on implementing a gender-sensitive research design and establishing contact with persons with relevant expertise
- Preparation of and attendance at review procedures
Concerning the application advice and support for coordinated projects the IGaD cooperates closely with Department 4.2 - Management of Third Party Funds. In the context of equal opportunities measures, the IGaD cooperates closely with Department 4.3 - Career Development and with the Family Service of the Equal Opportunities Office.
In addition, we are member of the federal Network GenderConsulting in Research Associations.