Mentoring Program TANDEMplus
Career Management for female PostdocsCopyright: Claudia Fahlbusch
The Mentoring Program TANDEMplus is aimed at highly qualified female scientists and researchers with first professional experience as postdocs. Participants of TANDEMplus will be encouraged to strive for leading positions in science and research.
Content and Aims
TANDEMplus Mentoring Program accompanies female postdocs in all courses of study to develop their potential and to strategically plan and shape their career at universities, non-university research facilities or in industry. Each program cycle runs approximately one year and combines three areas of further development. It includes one-to-one mentoring, a training program for advancing professional and personal development as well as information and networking events dedicated to career-related topics.
The number of participants is limited to 15. The workshop language is English. The mentoring tandems choose their working language themselves.
Based on their individual goals each mentee is given the opportunity to select her personal male or female mentor. The mentorship aims at an individual and informal exchange of experiences, knowledge transfer and advising regarding the extension of personal qualification profiles.
Workshops exclusively adopted to the specific needs of the target group, offering a range of opportunities for qualification and to get feedback.
Regular networking events, theme nights and the contact within the peer group expands the mentees' networks and provides support.
The one-year program cycle includes the participation in kick-off and closing events, discussions as well as an evaluation.
Benefits for the Mentees
- Strategic incentives for individual career development
- Structure and concretization of professional targets
- Extension of relevant skills and individual key competences
- Acquisition of knowledge about structures, processes and informal rules in science
- Expansion of personal, interdisciplinary networks
Benefits for the Mentors
- Engaging with young talents in research
- Opportunity to reflect on own career
- Transfer of experience knowledge
- Gaining impulses for your own work
- Extending networks and contacts
Application information and procedure
Applicants must be postdoctoral employees at RWTH Aachen University.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Executive summary of current research activities
- List of scientific publications and achievements
- Letter of reference of the supervising person
Please submit your application - in electronic or in paper form - to the program's coordinator.
Admission to the program is granted by a selection committee based on the results of a selection interview. Please find above (yellow post-it) more information about the closing date for applications .