Mentoring Program TANDEMstudCopyright: Mario Irrmischer
The interdisciplinary program appeals to highly motivated female students, who are interested in a systematic development of their career and in an active configuration of their own professional biography.
- +49(0)241-80 96563
- Send Email
Due to their individual aims each mentee will be given the opportunity to select her personal male or female mentor.
Different workshops are based on the specific needs of the target group and offer a range of possibilities of qualifying as well as opportunities to get a feedback.
The contact between group members as well as the contact between different age groups extends the network and supports the participants.
The one-year program cycle includes the mentee’s participation in kick-off and closing events, discussions and the evaluation program.
Benefit for the Mentees
"Before participating in TANDEM, I knew my professional target, but I didn’t know the way to get there. Both, the discussions with my female mentor and the workshops helped me to find out where I want to go to and, furthermore, how to get there."
- Strategic incentives for the individual development of their career
- Structuring and concretization of their professional targets
- Efficient transition to the first job
- Extension of relevant career competencies and individual key skills
- Acquirement of knowledge about structures, processes, and rules in science or economy
- Advancement of their own interdisciplinary networks
Benefit for Mentors
- Enthusiasm for their encouragement for young talents
- Insight into the current situation in academics and the University
- Reflection on their own career
- Transfer of their own experience and knowledge to young scientists
- Development of counseling skills and acquirement of new incentives for their own work
Selection of Mentees
The application for one of the ten places has to consist of a cover letter, the completed application form, and a CV. All these essential documents can also be submitted by email. A selection committee decides on acceptance to the program.