Mentoring Program TANDEMstudCopyright: © Mario Irrmischer
The interdisciplinary program appeals to highly motivated women students, who are interested in a systematic development of their career and in an active configuration of their own professional biography.
October 30 - December 01, 2023
Interviews cw 50 or 51, 2023
Opening Event: 08. February, 2024
Application modalities: see further down on this website
Planning currently partly in presence, partly online, subject to changes at short notice
Coordination Mentoring Program TANDEMstud
- +49 241 80 90551
- Send Email
Mentoring | Training | Networking
All participants receive individual advice and support from mentors of their own choice.
In addition, they reflect on and expand their interdisciplinary skills in training sessions and workshops designed specifically for the target group.
Numerous networking opportunities promote intensive exchange with other mentees and enable the formation of long-term sustainable contacts.
An obligatory component of each one-year round of TANDEMstud is participation in the welcoming and closing ceremonies, theme evenings, and quality-assuring feedback and evaluation units.
Benefit as Mentee
- Strategic impulses for individual career development
- structuring and concretization of goals after graduation
- efficient preparation for the doctoral phase or entry into non-university professional fields
- expansion of key competencies
- Expansion of knowledge about structures, processes and rules of the game in the future field of work
- Establishment and expansion of interdisciplinary networks
A former mentee about TANDEMstud:
My time at TANDEMstud was for me ...
... Incentive and great support in reflecting on my personality and my vision of the future. This has helped enormously to become more aware of my own competencies, to define my goals more concretely and to be encouraged to pursue them more clearly.
Benefit as Mentor
- Enthusiasm for the commitment to young academics by passing on one's own experiential knowledge
- Insight into the current situation in academics and the university
- Reflection on one's own professional career
- Development of counseling skills
Participation Requirements, Application and Selection for Mentees
women students enrolled at RWTH Aachen University from the 3rd bachelor's semester onwards in faculties 1 to 8 can apply.
Participation in the program requires German language skills, but is also possible with a good passive knowledge of German.
Commitment to the development of the mentoring relationship and commitment to seminar dates, the framework program and program evaluation are expected.
Applications for one of the 15 places can only be submitted by e-mail. The following documents are essential:
- a letter of motivation containing a meaningful explanation of your desire to participate,
- the completed application form,
- your curriculum vitae.
Please submit these in the order listed above in one .pdf-document. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
A selection committee decides on admission to the program. We will gladly take into account any possible need for a barrier-free selection interview. Please provide us with a brief indication of this as part of your application.