Mentoring Program TANDEMplus
Career Management for women PostdocsCopyright: © private
The Mentoring Program TANDEMplus is aimed at highly qualified women scientists and researchers with first professional experience as postdocs. Participants of TANDEMplus will be encouraged to strive for leading positions in science and research.
October 30 - December 01, 2023
Interviews cw 51, 2023
Opening Event: February 08, 2024
Application modalities: see further down on this website
Planning currently partly in presence, partly online, subject to changes at short notice
Aims and Content
TANDEMplus Mentoring Program accompanies women postdocs in all courses of study to develop their potential and to strategically plan and shape their career at universities, non-university research facilities or in industry. Each program cycle runs approximately one year and combines three areas of further development.In one-year program rounds, TANDEMplus combines the modules mentoring, training and networking. Individual one-on-one mentoring with an experienced leader helps mentees develop career goals and implementation strategies. With the support of the program coordinator and based on individual expectations, each participant chooses her own mentor. An exclusive target group-specific training program offers opportunities for qualification and reflection. Numerous networking opportunities promote the expansion of both intra-group and inter-group contacts. A total of 15 places are available.
The program and workshop language is English. The mentoring tandems themselves agree on the language in which they wish to communicate.
TANDEMplus supports the mentees
- in their career development
- in strengthening their personal potential
- in expanding their knowledge of structures, processes and informal rules of the game of science and research
- in the further development of management and leadership skills and
- in the development of sustainable networks and relevant contacts
Benefits for the Mentors consist of
- the privilege of supporting young women scientists
- reflecting on one´s own professional career
- strengthening of one´s consulting expertise
- gaining impulses for one's own work
- expanding of networks and contacts
Application information and procedure
Applicants must be postdoctoral employees at RWTH Aachen University. Required documents for the application are:
- letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae
- a brief description of the current field of work, research project or habilitation topic
- list of scientific publications and achievements
- as well as a letter of reference of the supervising person
Please submit your application (as one .pdf document in the order listed above) to the program's coordinator via e-mail.
A selection committee decides on admission to the program. We will gladly take into account any possible need for the selection interview to be conducted without barriers. Please provide us with a brief indication of this as part of your application.