Supporting and implementing Plans for Gender Equality in Academia and Research – SPEAR
The EU project SPEAR started in January 2019 and provides RWTH Aachen University with the opportunity to exchange experiences and support cooperation between gender equality actors across European universities and research performing institutions.
News & Announcements
The project aims at institutional change at research performing institutions (RPOs) by implementing Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) at nine universities. The Communities of Practice (CoP) and Communities of Learning (CoL), that are integral parts of the project structure and foster a constant exchange between the partner institutions, direct itself at the following four project objectives:
- Implementing Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) at European RPOs
- Removing obstacles and promoting career opportunities for women in science
- Raising gender balance in decisionmaking bodies
- Strengthening the gender dimension in research
SPEAR focuses on the support of gender equality actors within institutions in planning and implementing Gender Equality Plans, as well as with connecting Communities that enable international exchange.
Project duration and partners
SPEAR is running from 2019 until 2023 and is funded by the European Commission's framework program for research and innovation Horizon 2020. The project is coordinated by Syddanske University in Odense, Denmark. Other project partners, apart from RWTH Aachen University, are:
- Uppsala University, Uppsala (Sweden)
- Plovdiv University, Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- International Business School, Sofia (Bulgaria)
- Vilnius University, Vilnius (Lithuania)
- Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas (Lithuania)
- Universidade NOVA Lisboa, Lissabon (Portugal)
- University of Rijeka, Rijeka (Croatia)
- Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH, Vienna (Austria)
- Europa Media ltd., Budapest (Hungary)
This project has received funding from the European Union's H2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824544.
Nathalie Wolf M. Sc.
SPEAR Project coordination
Ramona Liedtke M.A.