Past EventsCopyright: © Claudia Fahlbusch
As part of its activities, IGaD has held numerous events since 2007. They all aim to provide food for thought, open up new perspectives and ultimately initiate processes, because cultural change can only be achieved with all members of the university.
German Diversity Day
IGaD participated in the annual German Diversity Day with the following events:
- May 23, 2023: Event and Lecture "Criticism of racism: What do I need to know? What can I do? What can Aachen universities do?" by Prof. Dr. Karim Fereidooni in cooperation with the FH Aachen
- May 31, 2022: Online workshop "Do I say it?" - Information on the interactive digital self-test for employees with health impairments. The presentations of the event are available on our website.
- May 18, 2021: Online event Empower Diversity! The presentations of the event are available on our website.
- May 26, 2020: Digital participatory action Diversity connects - also at RWTH; the results of the action are deposited on our website.
- May 28, 2019: Information event Becoming an EU Expert. Successful female scientists in EU research funding in cooperation with the Dept. of Research Funding of RWTH and the contact point FiF - Women into EU Research.
- June 05, 2018: Information event Horizon 2020 for female scientists in cooperation with the Dept. of Research Funding of RWTH Aachen University and the contact Point FiF - Women into EU Research.
- May 30, 2017: Theme Evening Invisible Disabilities - Autism and Dyslexia in Everyday Student Life in cooperation with the Representation for Students with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses at RWTH (VORSCHUB).
- May 31, 2017: Film screening "Malala" as part of the joint film series "Strong Women - Strong Films" by the RWTH Film Studio, the RWTH Equality Office, IGaD and the AStA Equality Project, in cooperation with the association "Frauen helfen Frauen e.V.".
RWTH Diversity Days
On the following dates, IGaD hosted the "Diversity Days" at RWTH and organized them together with numerous university institutions:
- From November 2 to 5, 2021 in an online format with a focus on the presentation of the recently adopted Action Plan Inclusion of RWTH and with a second focus on diversity management and the topic of anti-discrimination. For more information, please visit our overview page on the "Diversity Days 2021".
From November 20 to 22, 2018 with a focus on disability and chronic illness under the motto "Inclusion makes you strong!" For more information, see the 2018 program booklet (in German).
From October 22 to November 7, 2016, focusing on diversity as an opportunity and diversity management at RWTH. For more information, see the film on the "RWTH Diversity Days 2016" (in German) by Wisam Zureik.