Research ProjectsCopyright: RWTH
Master and Bachelor Thesis
We are constantly looking for students who would like to do their bachelor/master thesis in the research field of heterogeneous catalysis and technical chemistry in the group of professor Palkovits. In case you are interested please contact professor Palkovits directly. For descent applications, please add to your request: your CV, a certification with all examinations and a short motivation. Of course, all students can get an overview first about topics by contacting the group.
Throughout the year, various research projects are offered in the working group. In the following, current research projects are advertised. Students who are interested in doing research work with us as part of their studies are best advised to contact the respective supervisors. It is also possible to personally visit the working group to get an overview of available projects. Dr. Irina Delidovich will be happy to answer any general questions you may have.
At the moment, the following projects are offered in our group:
- DFT Calculation of specific Adsorption Capacities on Monomers for Hypercrosslinked Polymers (Christian Gierlich)
- Catalytic hydrogenolysis of sorbitol to diols (Kavita Gupta)
- Electrochemical upgrading of biomass-based feedstocks to fine chemicals (Jérôme Meyers)
- Modification of Activated Carbon and its Adsorption Characteristics in Biorefinery Processes (Jeff Deischter)
- Particle Formation as Deactivation Pathway in Heterogeneously Catalyzed Formic Acid Decomposition (Andree Iemhoff)
- Applications of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence in Chemistry (Stefan Palkovits)