The Budget Committee supports and advises the Dean's Office, the dean, and Faculty Council on the
- creation of a business plan, annual settlement, and management report
- establishment of policies for distributing and using State grants
- allocation of positions and funds for research and teaching
- development of criteria for allocating funds based on performance,
- approval of the separate costing draft
- resolution about the University's contribution to the State budget as it affects the Faculty of Medicine
The Budget Committee consists of four representatives from the Group of University Professors, two representatives from the Group of Academic Staff, and two representatives from the Group of Students, including an equal number of deputy representatives.
The vice-dean is chair of the Budget Committee and does not have any voting power.