Mentoring program TANDEMbridge
The TANDEMbridge mentoring program is aimed at highly motivated female master's students and doctoral students in their first year of doctoral studies in all disciplines.
Mentoring | Training | Networking
All participants receive individual advice and support from mentors of their own choice.
In addition, they reflect on and expand their interdisciplinary skills in training sessions and workshops designed specifically for the target group.
Numerous networking opportunities promote intensive exchange with other mentees and enable the formation of long-term sustainable contacts.
An obligatory part of the 7-month program round is participation in the closing ceremony, theme evenings and quality-assuring feedback and evaluation units.
Profit as a mentee
- Strategic impulses for individual career development
- structuring and concretization of goals after graduation and during the first year of doctoral studies
- efficient preparation of the doctoral phase or entry into non-university professional fields
- expansion of key competencies
- Expansion of knowledge about structures, processes and rules of the game in the future field of work
- Establishment and expansion of interdisciplinary networks
Profit as a mentor
- Enjoyment of the commitment to young academics by passing on one's own experiential knowledge
- Insight into the current situation in studies and university
- Reflection on your own professional career
- Development of advising skills
Application and selection procedure
Female master's students and doctoral students in their first year of doctoral studies in faculties 1 to 8 who are enrolled or employed at RWTH Aachen University are eligible to apply.
The program's language is German, but participating is also possible with good passive language skills
Commitment to the development of the mentoring relationship is expected, as well as commitment to seminar dates, the framework program, and program evaluation.
Applications for one of the 15 places can only be submitted by e-mail. The following documents are essential:
- a letter of motivation containing a meaningful explanation of your desire to participate,
- the completed application form,
- your curriculum vitae.
Please submit these in the above order in a .pdf document. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
A selection committee will decide on acceptance into the program. We will be happy to take into account any possible need for the selection interview to be conducted without barriers. Please provide us with a brief indication of this as part of your application.