Supporting and implementing Plans for Gender Equality in Academia and Research – SPEAR
The Horizon 2020 EU-project SPEAR started in January 2019 and provides RWTH Aachen with the opportunity to exchange experiences and support cooperation between gender equality actors across European universities and research performing institutions.
Nathalie Wolf M. Sc.
Project coordination SPEAR
- +49 241 80 90552
Ramona Liedtke M.A.
- +49 241 80 94517
Project Coordination SPEAR
- +49 241 80 90553
*** Aktuelles ***
The project aims at institutional change at research performing institutions (RPOs) by implementing Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) at nine universities. The Communities of Practice (CoP) and Communities of Learning (CoL), that are integral parts of the project structure and foster a constant exchange between the partner institutions, direct itself at the following four project objectives:
- Implementing Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) at European RPOs
- Removing obstacles and promoting career opportunities for women in science
- Raising gender balance in decisionmaking bodies
- Strengthening the gender dimension in research
SPEAR focuses on the support of gender equality actors within institutions in planning and implementing Gender Equality Plans, as well as with connecting Communities that enable international exchange.
Project duration and partners
SPEAR is running from 2019 until 2022 and is funded by the European Commission's framework program for research and innovation Horizon 2020. The project is coordinated by Syddanske University in Odense, Denmark. Other project partners, apart from RWTH Aachen University, are:
- Uppsala University, Uppsala (Sweden)
- South West University “Neofit Rilski”, Blagoevgrad (Bulgaria)
- Plovdiv University, Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- Vilnius University, Vilnius (Lithuania)
- Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas (Lithuania)
- Universidade NOVA Lisboa, Lissabon (Portugal)
- University of Rijeka, Rijeka (Croatia)
- Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH, Vienna (Austria)
- Europa Media ltd., Budapest (Hungary)